What's not to love about the insurance industry? If you want a future career that offers everything from flexibility to financial rewards, look no further.StabilityThings change. In the technology industry, what was cool five years ago may not even exist today. But the insurance industry is here to stay. People will always need insurance whether it's for their car, home, pet or even travel, the insurance industry touches all aspects of life — and that won't change.FlexibilityYou want a well-rounded life — and that means a rewarding career that includes vacation time and travel. The insurance industry offers flexible schedules and time off. If you work hard, a three-day weekend could be in your future. Perhaps you want to catch a family member's little league game or attend a community fundraiser one afternoon? You could manage your schedule so you won't miss important events. In a recent U.S News and World Report article featuring 'Best Jobs of 2017,' Insurance Agent ranked #4 on their list. Insurance is also worldwide. Once you become an insurance expert, there are potential employers in every community, enabling you to live anywhere — in the U.S. or around the world.Income PotentialIn a growing industry with more than 400,000 jobs openings by 2020, people entering the insurance field have a huge opportunity for growth. If you're an insurance agent or principal, you control how much you make by setting your own sales goals. The harder you work the more money you'll earn in commission. You are only limited by what you put in your job. And there are so many different careers paths you can choose from within the industry such as analytics, training, marketing, customer service and technology.An Opportunity to Run a BusinessBaby boomers who are running agencies and companies are retiring. They are looking now for young talent to bring in to perpetuate the businesses they spent their lifetime building up. You could enter the industry now and in just a few years manage staff, own your own insurance agency or be a team leader at an insurance carrier.Make a DifferenceInsurance professionals are pillars in their communities with offices in nearly every town and city in the U.S. Many are active in local organizations, sponsoring sporting teams or helping charities. Insurance offers you the chance to make a career out of helping individuals when they suffer a loss and need assistance. Considering a Career Change?Interested in a career with an independent insurance agency, but don't have agency experience. That's ok. Because insurance is so important to the economy and our way of life, the industry requires the service of millions of educated, talented and motivated men and women. It offers exceptional career opportunities to those who have a strong desire to succeed and who enjoy diverse challenges and interactions with a variety of businesses and individuals.Whatever your passion, insurance has a job for you.If you could create your own career, what would it look like? Do you like to help people? Are you interested in technology? Are you a good problem solver? Do you love getting lost in the details? It's important to enjoy your career and have it match your personality and interests. Click here for insurance career information. Become an Independent Insurance AgentJoin the people who keep business and industry alive and the economy moving. Choose a career as an independent insurance agent. As an independent insurance agent, you will make a difference in your community by helping businesses and families survive, recover and prosper.As an independent insurance agent . . .
- You represent several insurance companies and offer an array of policies that provides the consumer with one-stop shopping for a full range of insurance products.
- You offer all of this in the most efficient and profitable manner by using the latest technology.
- You are an important part of the insurance industry as a whole, providing an indispensable link between the company and the consumer. The industry relies on the agent to shape, deliver and service insurance policies.
- You help your clients daily by creating financial security and, if necessary, helping them make a new start after a loss – getting them back into their homes, their business, or back on the road.
- Many independent agencies own their businesses. As small business owners, agents offer a unique working environment and the opportunity to operate outside of insurance company management. This allows you greater autonomy in working toward personal success and benefiting directly from your own hard work, since pay is increasingly tied to performance.